Townshend, Scoops, Memory

As I was reading the liner notes to Scoop and Another Scoop last
night, I noticed Townshend's insistence that The Who had "probably
never heard" a few of the tunes wish we've seen pop up on the box set
and reissues (and "Mary", which was apparently recorded but the tapes
were too badly mangled to use).

All of which makes me wonder if Pete truly forgot about the band
recording some of the tunes, or if he had some reason to want to
forget about them.

Strange.  I wonder if there's quite a few more archived tunes waiting
permission to be used.

Wes