Reissues, and the like, and not the like

I'm a gettin' my pair at noon, and I have my CD player at work, so will
be happily playin' the shit out of them.  I am not an audiophile as many
here are; I find more enjoyment in picking out chords and basslines from
the mud on a scratchy ol' record.  New tracks or bits of songs intrigue
me more.... Howsomever, I have picked apart some of the stuff on LAL, and
that bit on Magic Bus on LAL that replaced the backwards chunk is likely
also overdubbed recently... It's way too clean....  I also think there
are backing vocals added here and there by Townshend.... But it is a damnsight
better than the original in having even sound and NEW TRACKS. That's the gold
mine.  Screw the audio stuff.  I mean I'm glad they're doing all this and
all, and on some tracks it's absolutely necessary, and like I said before,
I have some damn good pressings of Magic Bus, but..... My opinion.

On another topic, generally the Who's live stuff was more revved up than
studio stuff, but notable exceptions are:  Dogs Part II - though no live
counterpart exists, that is an incincerator of a song.  Also listening to
Decidedly Belated Response the guitar live seems positivily wanky - in an
era when Townshend was anything but that.... The ability in the studio to
heavily overdub, orchestrate, etc. contribute to that heavily, I'm sure.

The studio version of Heaven and Hell seems like it's a Les Paul and hence
I'd put it around 1971. Does anyone know the actualy recording date?  Thanks.

Jeff W.