Re: Opinions anyone?

>I just came home with both new reissues.  I'm listening to Quick One
>now, Sell Out I've yet to open.  I'd like to hear some comments.

I'll start off by saying MCA is doing a great job with these reissues.
They have almost made up for their past sins.  The booklets are great,
although I'm still trying to decipher Marsh's notes.  This is a man who was
so impressed with Sell Out, calling it the best album of the era, that he
gave it four stars instead of five in the Rolling Stone Record Guide,
labeling it a "failed experiment."
One thing I noticed was that Astley alone is credited as producer, and
Lambert only gets credit for the original recordings.  Astley definitely
has a heavy hand so far, for better or worse.  You never know what to
expect, or how he's going to play with the mix.

Does anyone know if the Who are involved in the reissues?

Joe