Re: magic bus (yes you do!)

>    This msg is going out to address the fact that the long version of
> magic bus has STILL not been released on cd.   I understand chris
> charlesworth's explanation as to why it was not put on the box set, although
> I think the long version is not quite 2 minutes longer than the single
> version.   I was surprised, though, that chris did not feel it was really
> worth putting out that version of the song;  I grew up with MBBB, and the
mix
> is considerably different (and better) than the single mix.  Pete wails on
> vocals toward the end of that song.  I guess the long version of magic bus
> is the ONLY track legitimately released on vinyl that has NOT been released
> on cd, and definitely deserves to be.
>
>    Anyone else feel the same way?  Or am I the only dipstick who really
gives
> a rat's ass?  Any feedback is certainly welcome, especially if it is in
> support of my feelings on this subject.

I guess I'd much rather get new tracks instead of Magic Bus, which I
like, but it was one of those tracks which was fairly well recorded in
the first place.....

JW

WHAT?   WHY, I OUGHTA.........

   ok john, I agree I would prefer to get new tracks, too....after all, I
can always pull out the lp and play it if I wanna hear the long version....
BUT, really, why can't the record company just complete the job and put it
on a disc?   I know there is at least ONE OTHER PERSON who would like to see
MAGIC BUS (LONG VER) out on disc (the guy wrote in to ICE magazine, noting
the same thing I did; that it is the one track that has not gotten the
digital treatment yet).  I mean, really, what the hell ... well, maybe
ODDS & SODS will resolve this deal (I HOPE......PLEASE.... C'MON, I SPEND
A *LOT* OF MONEY ON CD's ...... I DESERVE THIS, DAMMIT..... I'M NOT GIVING
UP WITHOUT A FIGHT!!!!)

                        later, who dudes