Fate of Harry Nilson (also not a Who posting)

I heard that some band member from Motley Crue had named their
kid after the "late" Harry Nillson.  When did he pass away and from
what?  He'd been here and there recently..... Of course his passing
marks the death of the last of the terrible trio in L.A. in '73, '74
(Moon, Lennon and Nillson).  Could you have imagined partying with these
guys?  I'd be dead after the first week.  Lennon? Nillson?  No, the more
liquor, the more drugs, they'd just produce and album or two in a few days
to make up for it.  I don't mean to glorify it, but .... amazing....

Jeff W.