Re: Violent Side and Rough Actions

On Thu, 15 Jun 1995 HeathO1807@aol.com wrote:

> Subject: Violent Side and Rough Actions
>
> Does anyone know anything about these imports. I heard that Violent Side
> includes stuff from Woodstock and The Young Vic 1971 and Rough Action is from
> late 1973. If anyone has info on the sound quality or song list of either I
> would greatly appreciate it.

The Violent Side -- The Who Live at Woodstock Festival 1969
Countdown Factory
CDF-942006A/B

Biggest liability on this double CD is a quite noticeable tape hiss
(compare "Sparks," e.g., to the same cut on _The Kids Are Alright_
soundtrack CD).  The biggest asset is that it is at the correct speed,
unlike such wastes of plastic as, for example, _The Who Starring The
Who_.  The tape hiss is less noticeable during the loud bits, of
course.  Near as I can tell, it has the entire Woodstock set, in
order, and tacks on three bonus tracks from the Young Vic April 1971
at the end.  An additional amusing oddity is the track listings, which
are almost totally accurate on the slipcover, but are given related
but fanciful names on the CDs themselves.  I'd rate it an 8, with
points deducted for sound quality only; the set is excellent.

Slipcover			CD track
track listing			listing
DISC 1
1. Heaven Hell [sic]		Hell
2. I Can't Explain		Express
3. It's A Boy			The Boy
4. 1921				1984
5. Amazing Journey		Story
6. Sparks			Speak
7. Eyesight to the Blind	The Blind
8. Christmas			Christmas Tree
9. The Acid Queen		Acid King
10. Pinball Wizard		Wixards [sic]
11. Do You Think It"s Alright	It's Alright
   (yes, " is used ^ here)
12. Fiddle About		About It
13. There's A Doctor		My Doctor
14. Go To The Mirror		Mirror Man
15. Smash The Mirror		Clash The Mirror
16. I'm Free			Free Way
17. Tommy's Holiday Camp	Camp
18. We're Not Gonna Take It	Take It Home
DISC 2
1. Summertime Blues		Spring Blues
2. Shakin' All Over		Shake It
3. My Generation		Grandfather
*4. Getting Tune [sic]		Simple Tune
*5. Bargain			Virgin
*6. Pinball Wizard		Wizards
    ~See Me Feel Me
    ~Baby Don't Do It

from '71 Young Vic (it says on the slipcover, I haven't verified this
myself.)

Alan
L@L007388

"When I'm onstage...it's not like bein' possessed, it's just --
*I* *do* *my* *job*."  -- Pete Townshend