Tommy on Broadway R.I.P.

RED ALERT, EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just spoke with a representative at TeleCharge re: "The Who's Tommy"; I
called to ask how much longer the show was going to run. I was told that this
coming Saturday 6/17/95 would be the LAST day of shows.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel just a tinge of sadness and
"melancholia" about the closing. I thought that the show was wonderful, even
with the changed ending and the reworking.

I also heard thru the grapevine that the London Tommy opening has been pushed
back, and it may not open in London in the fall as previously thought. I can't
confirm this, but I heard that the English B'way production companies aren't
jumping on staging a Tommy stage show after seeing the NYC B'way version's
slow decline.

Hey, what do you NY/NJ/CT/PA WHOheads think about getting tix for the last
performance and having a WHOlist get-together? I think it'll be great. And,
hey, you never know, maybe PT himself will be there to see our deaf, dumb and
blind off as he leaves NYC to conquer other greener ($$$) pastures. Get in
touch with me ASAP, and we can organize a meeting a St. James' Theatre!!!!

Marty Secero