Who on German TVSun Dec 7 12:36:50 PST 1997

Hello All

On Sunday night, or rather Monday morning, German TV re-broadcast four
old more or less complete Beat-Club progs. These were monthly progs
broadcast during the 60s containing a mix of bands and solo artists
miming to (or in some instances playing) there current hit(s). I just
finished watching them and one of the items were The Who playing three
songs
      Happy Jack
      So Sad About Us
      My Generation

After the songs the cameras were left on while the credits were shown
so we saw Pete and the others leaving the stage. Nice.

Due to lack of studio space in Bremen the producers went to ('swinging')
London and recorded all of this show in the Marquee club (on 670311).
Everybody played live one other act being The Jimi Hendrix Experience
(Hey Joe and Purple Haze). All in all it was great to see this and for
once in the original context.

For the last couple of years there have been compilations of a lot of
Beat-Club material, about 50 hours worth, if you want it I'll type up
a list of the Who stuff.

Buy for now

Stig
(way over in Denmark -