thanks for the CD (Maximum BBC)

Got it in the mail yesterday, and played it today.  Lid was cracked, but
that's what happens when a psycho postal worker pistol whips it before stepping
into the Postal building.........

All the stuff from '70 had that funky reverb to make it sound like live.
Some of the stuff sounded like it was from very early demos.

Summertime Blues musta' been on some obscure B side in the 60s because I
have a tape (reel to reel) my parents made of that very selfsame version..
And, hey, one is 59 and the other is dead.  Re:  Little Billy.
Any ideas out there?

Our Love Was, Is was a GREAT version.  So was Pictures of Lily. The flanger
and slide treatment on Our Love Was and the organ on Pictures really added
to those songs.

I have the vinyl Who's Live on the BBC.  I noticed on my vinyl there are
12string guitar overdubs on Just you and Me, and the vocals are a different
take.... Hmmmm....

 On the majority of the early stuff, the guitar is VERY subdued until the
appropriate fuzz solos... Pay attentch, Pete....

Leaving Here the solo was totally botched.

Moon was great throughout.... Classic yells during drum breaks... Subdued
when he needed to be, balls to the wall when appropriate....

I'm Free the guitar is running directly into the sound board... Then there
is the acoustics overdub.   Nice variation on the chords here....

The over accentuated undistorted electric guitar on Seeker allows for better
appreciation of the solo; it's not all lost in the mix....

I can see for Miles was the record with bass plugged into the board playing
on top.

That's all I remember - surprising recall from an aluminum can tainted, beer-
soaked brain....

Many thanks, Arthur.....

JW