Re: What in the heck does sod mean to limeys?

No, but first I refuse to practice any and all pretensions of political
correctness.  I would not refer to it as a derogatory term, any more than
a Yank is derogatory for an American.  It is an extremely mild one...
Besides, the origin of the word, which apparently is unknown to many of
the right honorable newsgroup, is certainly not derogatory.  It refers to
some resourcefulness on the part of British mariners, and I'll leave it at
that.