"Who in Sweden" info

Hi all,

I promised I'd tell more about the new "Who in Sweden" book, so here goes.

I just received a 24-page testprint/brochure which features about 20
outtake pages from the book. The book will cover all concerts the Who
played in Sweden on 4 tours '65-'72, one concert from Odense (Denmark), as
well as pictures from TV-shows, tour life, adverts and newspaper reviews.
It will consist of 192 pages of, I assume, mostly b&w photos, although
there will be quite a few color pages too, as this brochure reveals.

The brochure itself is the same size as the book in about 11x8". The pages
are glossy. To be honest, some of the pictures seem a bit dark, but I think
that's more due to poor lighting at the time of photography than any
printing faults.

This is what it reads on the back page of the brochure:

"THE WHO IN SWEDEN

This is a sample of the forthcoming 192 page book covering the band's tours
to Sweden 1965-1972. The book is filled with stories, memorabilia and more
than 450 previosely unpublished photographs. The main part is taken from
private photo collections.

The book contains a complete Swedish discography in full colour. A bonus CD
will accompany the first sold 1500 books. This CD, with nine Swedish bands
doing Who covers is only available here. The book is due July 1995, and
available at recordshops and bookstores. You can also order your copy from
the publisher.

The price is UK =A326.50, US $44, Germany DM 65, Sweden 275 Skr. All prices
includes postage&package. Money by I.M.O., Cheque, P.O. or cash by
registered mail.

Please write to:

SQUEEZE BOOKS
c/o Olle Lundin
Hallandsgatan 24
S-11857 Stockholm
SWEDEN
------
Phone +070-7337925 "

This brochure was done in about 1500 copies (also the same limited edition
as the book), and may still be available from Olle (or Squeeze books!).
It's free, so just send money for postage/envelope and I'm sure he'll send
_a_ copy to whoever's interested. 2-3 IRCs should do it.

Oh, yes, and I just got a letter from Matt Kent of the Who convention
saying that Olle will be selling his books for =A320 at the convention. I
haven't had this confirmed from Olle, but I assume it's correct. I don't
know how many copies he will be bringing to the convention though.

Of course, if there are spontanious questions, you could always direct them
to me. I'll answer them as best I can.

Another short [ :-) ] e-mail from .....

  Svante Boerjesson <svante@df.lth.se>, phone (+46) 40 916403