Re: Linda Perry's Holiday Camp

With regard to the message about the Tommy soundtrack and the addition of
"Overture from Tommy" (4:59): the author of that message (Gord1) said that
this version of "Overture" is performed by the WHO. In actual fact, the movie
"Overture" was performed entirely by Pete Townshend, the man himself!

Ways to tell that Pete performed everything:

* The Drums. Listen to how pedestrian the drum fills are, and how typical of
all Townshend's demos the overall piece is.

* The Bass. The traveling bass lines in this Overture are reminiscent of PT
basslines found on his demos. Some examples: "Never Ask Me", "Girl In A
Suitcase" (Another Scoop); "Bargain" (Scoop), "Prologue-1945", "Mother And
Son" (Tommy soundtrack).

I think the Overture is credited to just PT. But even if it's credited on the
CD to "The WHO", I'm willing to bet it all that it's ONLY PT.

If you remember, the soundtrack had a number on songs credited to only PT.

Marty Secero