rainbows and strange

I'd like to hear more of what ppl think about the Rainbow concert.  Just
about everything I've heard folks say about it makes it sound a little
lackluster, though with that lineup it should be a dream come true.

My experience with MCA & their defective discs is that they are very
defensive.  The Steely Dan releases were notoriously bungled; I got a
letter denying that there were any problems just as articles appeared
about them in various magazines.  At one point, they replaced a disc with
another that had the same problem, which they said they couldn't detect.
These were discs with mastering problems, not cases of people with
scratched discs or quirky players.  Needless to say, after folks invested
money, postage, and time in this junk, MCA remastered them all; I ended
up buying the new versions all over again (which had dropouts in sound,
among other new irritations). Even the box set was redone, someone having
lopped off the intro. to "Rikki Don't Lost That Number" !

Clearly, the new Who releases are being
done with infinitely more care, but MCA has had its share of quality
control problems.  There are record co's with toll-free quality control
numbers consumers can call, MCA not among them.

I still see lots of the old "Happy Jack" discs, so if you want those
true stereo mixes, get 'em quick!  But I've noticed that, at least in
Boston, supplies of Who's Next are being allowed to dwindle, I assume in
preparation for the release of the Gold version in Aug.