Re: ICE rev., French AQO, vinyl, CD, ..

On Mon, 24 Jul 1995, Krumey Christian wrote:

> > Could add that Don't Look Away and Whisky Man also exist in true stereo on
> > [at least] one edition of the French album (AQO itself was not on the album
> > to the best of my recollection).  Stereo version of Heat Wave also exists
> > but has an alternate ending.  Disguises is the same length as the original
> > EP, "nothing if not authentic".
> >
> > Did this French album ever appear on CD?
>
> 1. The European album called "the who" with the stereo tracks
> mentioned above (yes, no AQOWHA on it) never appeared on CD.

I'm confused.  I've got a French vinyl album titled "The Who,"
(actually, "THE WHO"), blue/green cover w/ picture of the band
playing, which sez on the front, "MONO/STEREO," and has "Don't Look
Away" (mentioned above) but not "Whiskey Man" (also mentioned above).
It's Impact records, catalog # 6886 551, copyrighted 1971, and the
track listing is

FACE 1 				FACE 2
^^^^ French for "side," I guess...Face the Face...

ARMENIA CITY IN THE SKY		RUN RUN RUN
MARY ANNE WITH SHAKY HAND	BORIS THE SPIDER
I CAN SEE FOR MILES		I NEED YOU [credited to Keith]
CAN'T REACH YOU			DON'T LOOK AWAY
SUNRISE				SEE MY WAY
RAEL 1+2			SO SAD ABOUT US

All spellings etc. as they appear on the cover.

So, is this the ablum being discussed above, or what?

Thanks,
Alan

"When I'm onstage...it's not like bein' possessed, it's just --
*I* *do* *my* *job*."  -- Pete Townshend