Re: A QUICK ONE

"David C. Olstein" <born2run@pipeline.com> wrote on Mon, 24 Jul 1995:

> Mono/stereo issues aside, I can't see any justification for using the
> rechanneled stereo version of Whiskey Man.
>
> As for using the mono mixes, I certainly think it's defensible, but given
> the fact that there's 20 minutes of space left on the new CD, they could
> easliy have included some stereo mixes as bonus tracks (particularly A
> Quick One, Cobwebs and Strange, and I Need You).  We could have had the
> best of both worlds.

As we all know now, there has been done _no_ remixing on the AQO
tracks (4-track masters seemed definetely lost), so Astley et al. had
the choice of THREE different already-mixed-versions. It couldn't be
so difficult to find the true stereo mix, as we do have the mono
thing already on CD.

Look, what will happen next? Yes, in a few years there will be a
THIRD AQO version on CD, and another lot of $$$ will go into the
pockets of the record companies... ;-)

> By the way, is there anyway who has compiled a tape/DAT of all the AQO
> stereo mixes?

If heavily interested, I can tape my Polydor vinyl (9 trax true
stereo, 1 mono, few crackling)...

Regards,
Chris