Latest news (fwd)

Bruce Kawakami writes:
>From list-owner-thewho  Thu Jul 13 16:37:30 1995
 Sun Dec  7 12:39:53 PST 1997
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 16:35:15 -0700
From: bkawa@ix.netcom.com (Bruce Kawakami )
Subject: Latest news
To: thewho@cisco.com
Cc: cohill@aol.com

Hi all,

If you subscribe to Generations you will be getting a newsletter with
all the below info and more.  I'm only listing items that haven't been
covered here or new info on old topics.

The new (expanded) Who's Next re-issue has been delayed by Pete, so
that MORE unreleased material could be included (possibly from the
Young Vic).  Pete's tape of Time Is Passing is too damaged (one channel
of the stereo mix drops out for most of the song) to be used.  Mary and
Can't You See I'm Easy are missing from Polydors vault!  On the plus
side, the mastertape used to make the Lifehouse To Leeds bootleg CD is
going to be returned to the band, for Astley to mix.  He was working
with a copy of the tape.

The IOW 1970 performance looks like it will be released (not confirmed)
on CD by Castle Communications.  This IS NOT part of the re-issue
series by Polydor/MCA.  Reasons why Polydor/MCA wouln't release it: a.
the quality of the tape is inferior, and b. the set is too similiar to
Live at Leeds.  Obviously, to release the whole show would require 2
CD's, it is not known if this is planned.

Chris Welch has completed just completed a new biography on the band
called Teenage Wasteland, which will be published by Castle
Communications.  It covers their career up to the split in 1983.  UK
price is 11.99, paperback 160 pages.

Anybody with any info on the Castle Communications label please post
it.  CDNOW has them listed in their catalog, they have previously
released CD's of some of the more obscure '70's bands (Uriah Heep for
one).  Does anybody know if they have put out any videos?  I'm thinking
of the IOW show.

Regards,

Bruce