Re: Reviews for the new reissues

BTW I gave Face Dances a listen the other day and actually liked
it.  Im well aware that on a Who scale it's sub par material.  But
look at the album as a rock album by anyone and it's not bad.

   I always thought Face Dances was a great album -- different, for sure,
from anything the who released, but really good songs.  I learned how to
play bass listening to that record when it first came out, at Trenton
State (College, NOT prison!)
   In fact, I was really surprised by some of the comments made by chris
charlesworth in his little cd-sized book.  I always thought that "You Better
You Bet"  was one of the weaker songs on the album.  If his sentiments
reflect the general attitude of who fans (which is a dangerous assumption),
then I could surprise most of you posters.  Some of my favorite songs on
Face Dances are "Did You Steal My Money",  "Another Tricky Day", and
"How Can You Do It Alone".  I would have LOVED to hear Moonie add his spice
especially to those first two songs... think about it....a quadrophenia-era
keith going nuts on DYSMM would be pretty interesting, at the least...
   I guess it goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway:  The drums on
Face Dances are definitely the weakest link in the chain (I simply disagree
with charlesworth that most of the songs are pete's weaker efforts....again,
if keith had played on them, I think he would have breathed much more life
into them than kenny could).  But the whole album might have benefitted if
they just cranked UP the drums in the production a bit, too, though it still
is a poor substitute for keith!
   Anyway, ENOUGH ALREADY!!   Time for more coffee!!.......

                        All the best,

                        cowboys have chinese eyes.

                        gary.