Re: Reviews for the new reissues

> From list-owner-thewho-outgoing@cisco.com Tue Jul 11 21:32:32 1995
> Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 21:07:30 -0800
> To: thewho@cisco.com
> From: ckt@best.com (Chris Thomas)
> Subject: Re: Reviews for the new reissues
> Sender: owner-thewho@cisco.com
>
> Yes, these were done nicely.
>
> I have a question, though.  Why, since all this strong
> unreleased material obviously exists, did they put
> "Daddy Rolling Stone" on the box set?  What a waste of valuable
> CD space.  I've seen poor reviews of the box on the basis of
> the weakness of that song alone.  Does a single person here
> think that song was worth including at the expense of missing,
> say, the electric MaryAnne?
>
> Chris

Daddy Rolling Stone?  That was one of their BEST R&B numbers!!!!!
Sheesh!!!!  And the live version was in-f***ing-credible!  Hmmm.
Do you like, say, "Slit Skirts?" C'mon, seriously though... There is
also a wealth of mediocre (I'm being charitable here) songs from their
latter day stuff to choose from.  I'd much rather have Daddy Rolling Stone
here....

Jeff.