Re: Captain Kangaroo

Gary writes:

        BY THE WAY, the gray-haired guy in TKAA is none other than
CAPTAIN KANGAROO (out of make-up, obviously...)   I forget his real name,
but I remember how outrageous it was for this guy who does a kiddy tv show,
to acknowledge how fucked up the world is, and how the who could change all
that  (well, I don't think the who turned the world into utopia, but they
DID put out some incredible music in 30 years+!!)
        So far, no comment from Mr Green Jeans.......

You're kidding, right, Gary?

You DO know that this is Ken Russell, director of the Tommy film (though he
DOES look a lot like Bob Keeshan aka Captain Kangaroo), don't you?

A bit of trivia:  Mr Green Jeans was NOT Frank Zappa's father.  FZ's dad
was a chemist with the military.  So sed FZ hisself.

Have a nice 4th weekend, everyone!  If you're in the Portland area, check
out the Waterfront Blues Festival.  Four solid days of hot blues bands.
Some of the acts this year include John Mayall, Tinsley Ellis, Little
Charlie & the Nightcats and Savoy Brown.

OK,
KLW