Re: covers, again

>John writes:
>I have a Grateful Dead boot (yes, only one) which has Baba O'Riley as one
>of their oncores.  This was from ca. 1993 when the dead were playing Baba
>at almost every show.  I like it, it is good.  Some of you may have seen
>it live....??

Whoa!  Who was singing lead...Weir can't get that high and I just can't iMAGine
Jerry Garcia attacking that much!

>Also,  I went to see  Tommy at the Kennedy Center in D.C. last night.
>...the audience was completely LAME.  To be fair, I think that at
>least 50% were just going for a night out and were not very familiar with
>the Who or Tommy.  The mean age of the audience was actually quite high
>(above even the oldest Who-fan generation).  So I was a little let down
>with the energy level....

I think this is the danger of PT taking his work out to a broader (read: "less
cerebral") audience.  There's going to be a higher percentage of the audience
out for a night on the town or just curious on-lookers.

>My friends and I were the only ones who contributed any noise at the curtain
>fall.

Good.  Rattle a few cages...

OK,
KLW
(still tweaked because the DST show got cancelled)