Re: Live at Leeds released!

> Hey those running times are not what I expected!  What happened to the extra
> minute of Shakin' All Over/SPOONFUL?  Apparently they are using the same
> version used on the album.  Ditto, on the supposedly uncut Magic Bus "two and
> a half times longer" (Randy Miller MCA Executive Vice President).  Who fans
> lied to yet again!  Hopefully, I'm wrong.  I know Shakin' is longer I'm not
> sure about Magic Bus.

Well according to those run times Young Man Blues DOES have the
extra 10 seconds that were missing from the original release.  I
never understood why they cut that out to begin with.

> Of course if the run time for the whole CD is 77m, then there may not have
> been enough room.  Although a friend told me there are some Jazz CD's that
> run over 80m.  Does anybody know the maximum capacity of a CD these days?
>  The longest one I have is 79:19m (The Who-Rarities Vol. 1 & 2; Polydor 847
> 670-2).

I HAD Elton John's and Bernie Taupins "Two Rooms" and that was just
under 80 mins.  I have about 120 jazz CD's and don't have anything
over 74 minutes.  You may want to find fault with MCA if 'Shakin' All
Over' is the same, but you can't deny their effort in releasing 42
extra minutes of the concert.  At least they provide new material
while Virgin did little other than the original cover art to the new
Rolling Stones releases.  I did not think that 'Exile On Main Street'
was worth $17 of improvement over the original Columbia CD release.
After Leeds I'm going to be looking forward to every new CD re-issue
like it's a new Who album.  (especially if they continue making use
of the CD's ability to hold 75 minutes)