Re: cross-post

On Sat, 25 Feb 1995 DAWSONCHR@urvax.urich.edu wrote:

>[Rough Boys, And I moved, etc., snipped]
>
> And how about the song a few tracks down the groove, "And I Moved."  This
> is a weird one.  Being a piano player, I like the music in the song, but
> the words kinda' give me the willies:

Pete's writing will do that to ya sometimes :-).

> Then Pete turns around and writes "Slit Skirts," on his "...Chinese
> Eyes" album, and it's a (seemingly?) heterosexual theme.  Boy, am I
>confused.

While you're at it, don't forget 5:15's "he-man drag in a glittering
ballroom" et seq. (from 1972-3).  That was the one that first tweaked
my attention, but looking back it seems like "I'm A Boy" was the first
overt reference to sexual-orientation issues in Pete's writing.  In
other words, IMHO the issue is fairly old news.

Alan

There is on earth...no more dangerous thing than a richly endowed and
adroit reason...for reason must be deluded, blinded, and destroyed.
             -- Martin Luther (what a guy!)