Re: cross-post

On Sat, 25 Feb 1995 DAWSONCHR@urvax.urich.edu wrote:

> Consider the song, "Rough Boys."  All that talk about "Rough Boys under
> the sheets"  and "come a little closer" and "I want to bite and kiss you."
> Just what is Pete saying here?  This song really rocks is one of my
> favorites of his solo songs; I especially like how he ends the song with
> those screechy brass/strings sounds building up and up.  But what do the
> lyrics mean?
Pete talks about this in one of his interviews and says that it is about
an affair (or one-night-stand or something, I can't remember the words he
used, and the article is buries somewhere) he had with a man. Whether
this was the first,or one of many, he doesn't say and it's noone's
business. And it sure as hell doesn't change his writing or the
excellency of it. As for the other songs, who knows. He has always said
that And I Moved was written for a woman. I doesn't really matter. They
are great songs. How many friends is one of my favorites.
Laura

Laura Plummer				* "Listen, if they're going to buy
Graduate School of Lib and Info Sci	* lunch boxes, they may as well buy
University of Texas at Austin		* David Cassidy lunch boxes"
liquid@fiat.gslis.utexas.edu		*    --David Cassidy on making money