Baba '67? (DJF's post)

DJF wrote the following:

>Hey all,
>
>I recently wrote to an old work friend, telling him about my excitment
>for the new release of Live at Leeds at he wrote me back with a short
>story of his WHO experience.   I got a kick out of it and thought it
>was kind of neat to read of this coming from an unbiased (non WHO fanatic)
>opinion. So I thought I'd pass it along.
>
>.... Re: The Live at Leeds album:  You know that I saw them at the
>Orpheum in ~1969, maybe it was '67.  Still got the ticket stubs...I dig
>them out of my "treasure chest" every once in awhile to relive the
>experience. The concert was somewhat before the Who's Next album, they
>tried out all their NEW stuff on the Boston audience, the place went
wild!!!  Unbelievable!!!  I remember the hush that fell over the place when
R.D.
>walked over and turned on the reel-to-reel tape recorder that played the
background tracks of Baba oreilly... People were just looking at each
>other with a real concerned expression on their face... After what seemed
>like FOREVER, the band kicked in, and the frenzy went into overdrive...
>I was just a kid, but I remember it like the proverbial yesterday.

Like hell he does....

'Who Sell Out' - 1967
'Who Live at Leeds' - 1970
'Who's Next' (featuring Baba O'Riley) - 1971

Either this guy has a severely acid-damaged memory or he's inventing it. If
it's true it must have been '71.

Mike Mooney, University of Bradford  (UK)