Re[2]: guitars (tech talk)

>Lest we forget the main ingredient in the glory days... CUSTOM HIWATT 100.
     I have a question that I've been wanting to ask for awhile, and this
     just reminded me of it.  I am fortunate enough to have in my
     possession a 1968 or 1969 HIWATT 100 watt bass amp.  The odd thing
     about is that, on the bottom of the amp is stenciled in large white
     letters "WHO."  I bought it many years ago from a friend who said he
     got it from the company that bought the Who's old tour equipment.

     From archive photos of the era, I've seen the stencil that they used
     and it matches perfectly.  I don't know that I've ever seen JE playing
     a HIWATT amp in any photos.

     Can anyone shed any light on this?  How about some of our UK
     associates... Is there someone at the HIWATT company that could trace
     the amps lineage by serial number?

     I've always chose to believe that this is, indeed, a true Who amp;
     but it would be really nice to be able to confirm it.

     TIA,

     OK,
     KLW

     PS:  Yes, I used the amp for many years in my various garage and local
     bands, and it still lives and breathes in my basement "studio."  I
     have since stopped taking it out of the house, as it weighs a TON, and
     bought a smaller, more powerful Hartke bass head for playing out.  But
     I've yet to hear a bass amp that produces better low end - this thing
     can knock over a table at 100 meters!