TKAA Video vs Soundtrack (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Sun Dec  7 12:25:00 PST 1997
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 1995 15:18:57 -0500 (EST)
From: QuietOne <drjimmy@cnj.digex.net>
To: Alan McKendree <amck@eden.com>
Subject: TKAA Video vs Soundtrack

> On Thu, 9 Feb 1995, Sherry Nelson wrote:
>

> While chasing this down, I also discovered that the "Sparks" on the
> film (I'm using the relatively recent official "special edition" TKAA
> with the "Kids Are Alright" video tacked onto the end) is played a
> full half-step higher than the "Sparks" on the CD; the video lasts
> 2:37 or 2:38 depending on the player I'm using and the CD lasts 2:44.
> I don't know what the deal is with the Who and video but I'm getting
> pretty sick of it.  I bought the "Who's Better Who's Best" video when
> it first came out and it was unwatchable for this very reason.  Do't

I always wondered why the video version of WGFA in TKAA film
ended different then the soundtrack.

Daltrey "meet the new boss! Whooooo! Same as the old boss! He gothch (?)!
and Townshends ending riffs, before the feedback and "banging on the
floor of guitar", are very different as well on the film compared
to the soundtrack.

I often wondered if the song endings were switched for the LP/Soundtrak

Werent the shows at Kilburn filmed for the movie by Jeff Stein ?

In certain photos, it seems that the same clothing is worn by the
whole band at Kilburn that they wore at Shepperton.(Except for Keith)

Was there an edit with the two cuts? Assuming they recorded/played
WGFA at Kilburn.

Curious...Anyone know about that ?

Pete