Re: Why talk about Pete, etc.

In the summer of 1993 PT played at Copley Symphony Hall in San
Diego to benefit the La Jolla Playhouse, the place where the stage
version of Tommy originated. He was originally supposed to play at the La
Jolla Playhouse, a much smaller theatre (around 800 seats, I think). This
was advertised as an acoustic night with PT: "Unplugged, Upredictable,"
or so read the T-shirts. Needless to say, I and other Who fans of mine in
San Diego at the time were psyched about this show. However, that
performance was cancelled, at PT would up playing with the whole band and
the actors for Psychoderelict at Copley Symphony Hall instead (a much
larger theatre that accommodates about 8,000 people, as I recall). The
show was great anyhow. He did a stirring version of "Girl From The North
Country." A week later, he did his pay-per-view in Brooklyn.

- Doug