Re[2]: Petes Address

     Cpt. Walker wrote:
>There have been many occasions where Pete has made himself available to his
>public and he is most gracious and warm to those who are polite in kind....
>however all this discussion of his 'home' address and its distribution on
>this list is an embarrassment to me.
>I think that even a celebrity is entitled to the privacy of his home...
>if we as fans need to contact him personally then this can be done through
>the various management companies he is associatied with.
>Fan letters of appreciation stand abetter chance of response when delivered
>through more mature (read Legitimate) channels....in the past two years I
>have been fortunate to meet with Pete and several
>current business associates....these dicussions of private residence
>addresses and phone numbers piss them off and we as devoted fans should
>respect their privacy with the same enthusiasm as we enjoy them
>publicly...Takin' it a day at a time....just my opinion.

     I couldn't agree more...  I think that pulling stunts like leaving
     notes in the mail slot of PT's home is bordering on psychosis.  If
     we're that obsessed with a public figure, then we need to get
     ourselves a life!

     I have never bought the argument that when someone becomes a "star" or
     "hero" that they, by default, give up the right to privacy.  I think
     that is a bullshit way of trying to exercise power over these people
     that we admire.

     I don't believe that anything I (or anyone else on this list) has to
     say to Pete is more important that respecting his privacy.

     I'd like to make the request that no one write to the address that was
     listed in the post.  This is Pete and Karen's HOME...not a fan club.
     Write to him at the Boathouse or through his management company.
     Respect him like he has respected us.

     I feel better.

     OK,
     KLW