Fwd: BOOT INFO !!!!

from the Springsteen list by way of the Neil Young list ...

---------------------
Forwarded message:
From: mhalpern@lsil.com (Martin Halpern)
Sender: mr_soul@fish.com
To: rust@death.fish.com
 Sun Dec  7 12:25:00 PST 1997
Date: 95-02-03 11:21:59 EST

Cross-posted from the Springsteen mailing list, luckytown.........

- marty
mhalpern@lsil.com

----- Begin Included Message -----

 Sun Dec  7 12:25:00 PST 1997
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 09:57:29 +0200

The italian bootleg labels are at the most important turning-point of their
life. In the last months I've heard many different rumors about the changing
laws, but finally it seems the new laws are clear. With January 1st 1995:

1) new releases of live CDs of European artists will NOT be legal.
2) non-European artists ...
                a) before June: new releases of live CDs will be legal if the

                   performance is more than 20 years old.
                b) after June: new releases of live CDs will NOT be legal.

The already authorized catalog of each label will remain legal and it can be
pressed without limits (by that label, of course): all in all it's like the
bootleg situation will be just 'frozen' next June.
I was told that a couple of Bruce's performance less than 20 years old has
been
autorized before December 31st 1994. We'll see them in the next months.
No new releases by Great Dane Records, but before June GDR is planning to
obtain the autorizations for some FTD CDsingles.

THAT'S *ALL* I KNOW: I will keep this list updated if anything new in the
next
months.

BTW if anyone is interested I can help him in getting all the CDboots of
Great
Dane, Winged Wheels and many more labels (*over* 400 titles) for US$15 each.
E-mail me for the catalog.

ciao -- Nando

 Sun Dec  7 12:25:00 PST 1997