Van Halen/Hagar/Who connections

Way back in the dark days of the early 80's when my Who-fanaticism
was cycling to peak power (thru discovery of early stuff ... NOT thru
Face Dances or It's Hard, although I did marginally like'em), I caught
a Sammy Hagar concert on HBO (? maybe) on the recommendation
of a friend.  Sammy's Standing Hampton album had just come out,
and most of the songs were from this LP and 3-Lock Box.  At the
encore, he addressed the audience with "We'd like to do a song by
the best fucking band in the world", or something very similar, and
launched into a primal performance of Baba O'Riley.

Been a Hagar fan ever since, and was pretty happy when Eddie gave
ol' Dave the boot and invited Sammy in.  I've been kinda disappointed
in the band since the 1st Sammy LP, tho; thought that Sammy would
bring a bit more lyricism to the songs instead of the T&A stuff.  Maybe
their new LP ....

Rich

richl27314@aol.com
"everybody knows this is nowhere"  --  Neil Young
"how can you do it alone?"  --  Pete Townshend