Re: Petes Address

TO ALL INTERESTED WHO LISTERS

Yes, the person who posted Pete's address is almost correct (the number on
Montpellier Row is #15: I believe the WHO list person said #16). As a matter
of fact, I SAW where Pete lives when I was visiting my UK friends Jeff and
Linda Atkins (they like the WHO, but are not diehards) in March 1992. We drove
through Twickenham at night, so we weren't seen or perceived as "snooping".
The house is like a NYC brownstone, connected to the next house/unit. We
drove around the house via the side alleyways, which are very tight!!! We
also snuck back to his house the next night after dark (approx. 11PM) and
stuck a written note in the slot on his front door. It was a ballsy move, and
the note was just a short Hello to Pete and his family. Apparently, though,
my UK friends Melissa & Gary Hurley, who are friendly with Richard Barnes
(Barney), heard from Barney that Karen, Pete's wife, was NOT amused. She was
pissed that fans not only knew where the Townshend family lives, but they
would have the nerve to walk up to the door and leave a note in the slot. I
can understand that mindset---look what happened to John Lennon. BTW---In
Pete's 2nd floor window a picture of Meher Baba overlooks the street below.

I know that the story is crazy, and I'm quite embarassed to share it with the
WHO listers. But I do consider WHO listers to be understanding and very
tolerant (we HAVE to be tolerant with the amount of WHO greatest
hits/repackages, etc.). So I hope that you all do not judge my actions too
harshly. I was so far into the "moment", I lost all decorum.