Re: Petes Address

> Well Hello, "DR. JIMMY"!!!!!!!!
>

> Dude, I've left you at least 3 phone messages, including one today, this
> afternoon, as a matter of fact. Your number is 908-xxx-xxxx, and you're in the
> White Pages, right? I hope that my calling doesn't appear that I'm "coming on

  Wrong... But nice try...

> strong". But, you know, it's not every day that you find a fellow WHO fan who
> lives in the next town over. To be honest, Pete, I'm a bit offended that you
> haven't made an effort to contact me. Is it that you want to retain anonymity?
> If so, then that's LAME. Cuz' WHO fans should always stick together.
              ^^^^^^^^^^

  Why is it lame, MArty, cause some people prefer to read the list ?
  I think thats their choice...

> Yes, the person who posted Pete's address is almost correct (the number on
> Montpellier Row is #15: I believe the WHO list person said #16). But, then,

  All I know is the Lighthouse address...

> it doesn't suprise me that you would doubt the validity of that claim. As a

  Why would that surprise you ? I asked people if they could confirm
  what someone said that just cam on the list and started telling
  about a meeting with Pete Townshend, and the stranger gave the
  address ??? Why should I NOT ask about this ?? Should I just run
  right out and buy the stamps, sit down, compose a letter, and send it
  off, only to be returned saying address unkknown, or some poor bloke in
  England gets about 100 letters a day to his house, and has no idea
  why people think that Pete Townshend lives there!

  There are a few people on this list, Marty, that know ALOT about
  the Who, Anthony,Alan,Wes, etc,,...And they have been here long
  enough for me to get a good indication that what they know is
  a valid source of Info...

> matter of fact, I SAW where Pete lives when I was visiting my UK friends in
> March 1992. I also snuck back to his house after dark (approx. 11PM) and
> stuck a written note in the slot on his front door. It was a ballsy move, but
> the note was just a short Hello to Pete and his family. Apparently, though,
> my friends Melissa & Gary, who are friendly with Richard Barnes (Barney),
> heard from Barney that Karen, Pete's wife, was NOT amused. She was pissed that
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  Hmmmm, WOnder why...

> fans not only knew where the Townshend family lives, but they would have the
> nreve to walk up to the door and leave a note in the slot. I can understand
> that mindset---look what happened to John Lennon. BTW---In Pete's 2nd floor
> window a picture of Meher Baba overlooks the street below.
>
> Now, I assume that, judging from your penchant for believing EVERY information
> source, you probably don't believe a word of what I just wrote. Well, Doctor,

 Man, what is your problem, I questioned your info, AND I WASN'T THE ONLY
 one that did, the day you came crashing on here announcing that you
 had a juicy rumor...And you get real frigin upset that anyone would doubt
 you. We are ALL Who fans, and, sure, I would like to send a letter to
  Pete, but whats wrong with a confirmation ? And whats wrong with asking
  about your sources ? Who fans know about rumors, I enjoy a good rumor
  now and then, especially a Who one, but I dont take it as fact, I simply
  wanted to know the validity of the rumor...You came on, teased us all,
  and someone responded. Period.

  ( Validity of rumor is a contradiction of terms, but I really meant
    the place  you got your info,,,I didnt know BEANS about you, so,
    you know I could read a book, learn some shit and proclaim a rumor too)

> those who doubt will be left out. I'm being sarcastic, yes, but I'm really
> miffed that you haven't called me yet. I think that I've been friendly enough
> (minus the sarcasm). Are you anti-social? Is your taste in WHO-related things
                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

 Something anti-social about being on a newslist along with other
 newslists ? Geeeesh,,,,

> trapped hopelessly in the mainstream? Are you a REAL WHO fan (bootlegs,
                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> videos, attends area WHO-related concerts, etc.) or do you just dabble in it >(WNEW work force blocks/official releases/never attended a show)? That's > probably an unfair question---all fans are real fans---I'm trying to

 Nope, I just joined this list to ask about accessing the WWW sites,
 remember ?

 It seems to me that in order to be a "real fan", you need to
 have about 80,000 extra bucks, fly around the world, catch
 every show, meet AND party with a member, or two...

 You have a lot of nerve questioning my or anyone elses fan
 validity.

 I have enough books,magazines,newspaper clippings,boots,videos,
 vinyl - cds, pictures, poster , ticket stubs, etc to claim that
 I am as much a fucking fan as you are.

 I taped a WPLJ radio session from Rockline in Sept 1982.
 It was Pete and John. They were interviewed about Its HArd
 and the farewell tour, I remember VERBATIM 90% of that
 interview. I dont just DABBLE in it, I have the same passion
 you have. I check Rolling Stone magaxine for anything in
 Notable News concerning ANYTHING about The WHo EVERY time
  it comes to my house, I check the record bins in the
 stores in VEIN knowing that the only thing in the bins are the
 SAME albums that I already own, hoping that something  pops
  up, a import, etc that I could grab, I remember The Who
  ROCKS America being shown on HBO in 1983, and was releived
  because I couldnt get to the Shea shows...I listened to the
  end of the Tornot concert a million times wondering if that
  loud babning I heard was Pete smashing a Guitar..Only to
   find out that it was fireworks...

  I grew beards to see if I would look as cool as Pete. I always
  wanted to have ROgers hair that he had inthe seventies...

  I have watched Entwistles bass solo on Amazing Journey/
  Sparks a hundred times, each time getting chills

  I always like when Pete address the LA crowd that they are
  at a Concert, not a wine and cheese tasting event, and that
  its OK to stand up and get into it

  I own Horses NEck ( Well, I borrowed it,,...) hee hee

  Is that good enough MArty ? Should I get deeper ?

  So sorry that I havent gotten the chance to fly to
  England and drink Whiskey with John Entwistle all
  night, but I bet I know that Brandy and Tonic water
  are in those two bottles attached to the micrphone.

  "Getting the Who together for Live-Aid was like
   getting 4 ex wives together in one room"
                                  -----  Bob Geldoff..
> Call or write back---if you dare. I'm not gonna beg, Pete. But you should be
> willing to make time for your fellow WHOfan brethren.
 I do, in the list...like everyone else..