Re: TheWho Digest Vol 2 Num 23

[stuff deleted]

|  > +-------------------------------------------------------------------------
|  > I heard that song!!  Great tune...strangely that's how I found out about
|  > The Who!!  :)
|  >
|  Hmmmm. That's really interesting. So you never like The Who until you
|  heard VanHalen sing em? Thats really cool. Did you like any thing by The
|  Who before you heard that song?
|
|  CH
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yup!!  After I heard "Won't Get Fooled Again" I said to myself Wow!!
What a great song!!  (at first I thought VH wrote that song but it didn't
take me too long to find out that it is actually written by PT/The Who)

So I started to listen to Who's Next. (by recommendation)  Obviously I
fell in love with that album.  (I might add that The Who's version of
WGFA is better than the one that VH did.  Personally i like RD's voice
better SH's. :)  "Quadrophenia" was the next album I heard.  Awesome
album!!  (equally as good as Who's Next, if not better)

Well, from then on, I start to collect other albums by The Who and
I learned a little more about the band's history as well...and now here
I am, on The Who's mailing list. :)

Well, that's how I got into The Who.  Hope it didn't bore you too much. :)

Regards,
Steve C

ps:  I picked up this neat comic book about The Who, "Rock N Roll" comics.
     anyone seen it? (the comics claimed that it's the "unauthorized
     biography of The Who".  It's "fairly" accurate with it's story
     I think...)