IOW as it stands (or sits or hides or lies buried)

Well, all I can say is that either Mr. Fang's sources are as accurate as
can be, or there are other forces at work here.... Hopefully an actual
factual release (and I follow the Carl Sagan philosophy here... or
Arthur C. Clark for that matter) is in the offing, and successful
production of such physical evidence will not result in loss of face
for detractors of such beliefs, rather joy at its existence.  Again, I'm
merely waiting for the pudding....

I've got some other record contacts who I can check with....