Re: Live Boxed Set

-- [ From: Thomas G. Farrell Jr. * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

NP:  Cracker, "Don't F--K Me Up With Peace and Love"

Mark,
 	Kudos on your Boxed Set List.  I'd add the following as a bonus disk
(for the frothing-at-the-mouth Who enthusiast):

	Young Man Blues, 1964 Marquee Club (The Skiffle Version)

	Young Man Blues, 1968, Fillmore East (Closest to the Studio version
I've heard... at least the first portion of this version)

	Young Man Blues, 1970, London Coliseum (also on "The Kids Are
Alright."  The best version, imho.  Certainly some of Pete's best,
loudest and most robust guitar work.)

  	As you might have guessed, YMB is one of my favorite live Who tracks,
and the above list would offer an interesting sampling of Pete's guitar
playing, which progressively matured over the above period (1964 to
1970).  Strangely, the guitar on the LAL version of YMB (1971) is
somewhat understated compared to the London Coliseum version, which if
I'm not mistaken, was recorded a year earlier (1970).  I hope Pete
wasn't backsliding.....
	Also, when you say "TOMMY Complete" from 1969, are you referring to
the Woodstock version of TOMMY?  If so, I'd buy it just to hear Pete
say, "I can dig it" after whacking Abby Hoffman on the head with his
guitar.  Woodstock:  three days of Peace, Love and Music (not to
mention bad acid, bad haircuts and very questionable personal hygiene),
and our boy Pete cops an attitude about the whole thing, committing an
act of senseless violence, mayhem and abject aggression.  YEAH!!  (The
irony is delicious.)
  Every good wish--Tom Farrell