"The Rock": Liner notes and more...

Here it is folks! The liner notes (written by John Entwistle) for the up and
coming John Entwistle album/CD... "The Rock". Read on...

The Rock

Ten thirty in the morning the phone rang on my bedside table. On a normal day
the phone would have fallen across the room at 100 m.p.h. But, this was no
normal day. This was the day my band, "The Rock" were to sign our recording
contract. After eighteen months of recording in my studio in Gloucestershire,
and several changes of band personnel, the album was finished, mixed and the
record deal sewn up.

I put the phone to my ear expecting to hear my wake up call. It was my
manager Bill Curbishley's voice instead. "Are you sitting down?" he asked.
"No - actually Im lying down." I replied. "Good, that's even better" he
continued. "You're not gonna believe this," my heart dropped. "The record
company got arrested by the F.B.I. this morning, their assets and accounts
have been frozen - the deal's off."

I laughed --- but he wasn't joking.  I struggled on for a few more months
financing the band but it became more and more obvious that the "Music
Industry" was wary of taking on a band that had been dropped by their record
company on the actual day of signing.  We finally decided on a seven week
make or break tour of the U.S.  The shows were great but no record deal
resulted.  It would take way over a year before the record company was
exonerated by which time the band had reluctantly broken up.  But even to
this day we never lost our faith in the album.  So damn the record companies.
 What the f*ck do they know anyway?  Here's the numbered, limited edition of
"The Rock", PLAY IT LOUD!

John Entwistle

Here's a copy of the track listing:

The Rock
(US) WR0001
Release Date January, 15, 1996
1.  Stranger In A Strange Land
2.  Love Doesn't Last
3.  Suzie
4.  Bridges Under The Water
5.  Heartache
6.  Billy
7.  Life After Love
8.  Hurricane
9.  Too Much Too Soon
10. Last Song
11. Country Hurricane

Sponsorship of the John Entwistle tour is still available until December 28.
For only $100, you can get an autographed CD of The Rock and an autographed
Tour Book, with your name and short blurb (up to 65 characters) on a page
titled, "Friends of John Entwistle."

Tickets are now on sale for the January 21, John Entwistle Party and Concert
(limited to 200 tickets) for only $175. If you are a sponsor (above), you
will get $25 off  the ticket price, up to 2 tickets, subject to ticket
availability.

To become a sponsor or buy tickets, you may now call
BITSA Talent at (914) 528-6992. Please have your credit card information
handy and be prepared with your 65 character blurb if youre buying tour book
sponsorship.

If you prefer the mail, please write to:

Steve Luongo c/o
Whistle Rymes, USA
PO Box 251
Lake Peekskill, NY 10537

Please make all checks or money orders payable to Steve Luongo.

If you have any questions, please continue to write me back ASAP at
WFang01@AOL.COM.

cc. Steve Luongo