Re: "taking the capitol"

-- [ From: Thomas G. Farrell Jr. * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

NP:  Smiths, "Hand in Glove"

M.  Mullins,
  RE:  >    I listened to that at a record store here in town.  It
sounded like the
> tape
> speed was way too slow.  Is this the case?

	I picked up TAKING THE CAPITAL at a record show a couple of weeks ago,
and I've played the CD on two different CD players.  To me, the speed
is fine and sound quality is great.  I'm definitely a TAKING THE
CAPITAL enthusiast.  But then again, I've never heard TALES FROM THE
WHO, so I don't have a basis for comparison.
	FYI, TAKING THE CAPITAL is a Japanese boot from our good friends at
Planet Records (Big record company in Japan... REAL big <tongue in
cheek>) released in 1995.   I also <ahem> paid a bit more than Art's
offering <insert sobs of remorse here>.  (Art, is this the same version
you have?  Please verify for your perspective customers....  <G>)
	As for the show, this is first time I've really sat down and listened
to the Largo, MD Show (1973, at the Capital Centre).  I'm very
impressed with the live versions of "Sea and Sand" and "Drowned."
	(Hope this helps you make a sale, Art  <G>)
	Every good wish--Tom Farrell in WI