Re: Kenney solo single

>The question of replacing Kenney Jones reminded me of this question:  He
>apparently had a SOLO 45 back in 1974, though strangely no solo LP;.the songs
>were Ready Or Not and Woman Trouble.  Has anyone heard these songs?  And does
>he actually SING on them?  For that matter, did he ever sing with the Small
>or regular-sized Faces?  The completist in me is sorta interested in owning
>this 45, or at least having a recording of it...
>
>Rich

As I was a big Faces fan, I bought this single when it came out, and still
have it. I was also pleased that he chose a Jackson Browne song as I was a
fan of his at the time too. As to the record itself, yes, KJ *does* sing on
both sides. Not a bad voice if a little characterless (better than Keith or
Ringo though). The B-side ('Woman Trouble') was written by Kenny and
performed by 'Kenney Jones and a Pop Group' (i.e. the Faces), the A-side was
(I think) session men.

English Mike