Re: Who/Zep

Jeff writes:
>Look, I don't mean to criticize anybody, but if the surviving members
>of both bands were on email and read this stuff they'd be on the
>floor laughing their heads off.   I am a rabid Who and Zeppelin fan,
>and am very familiar with the pedigree of both bands, but aside from
>being rock bands, never the twain shall meet, except on the
>Rockestra...

Hear, hear!!!

Like Jeff, I'm a big fan of both, and I've never thought of either as using
each other as influences.  The Leeds style of extended jamming was VERY
popular at that time, probably coming out of Cream if nowhere else.  Plant
and Daltrey share only the ability to belt out screams of such angst and
ferocity to lower the blood temperature of even the most stalwart NFL
linebacker.  After that, they're as different as you can get.

And Rock music has always "stolen" from other genres (usually Blues).  But
so has every other form of music.  It's called "influences."  Zep was just
a lot less defensive about it.

OK,
KLW