Re: Replacing Daltry

>>My nominations:
>>
>>Roger -- Robert Plant is a fairly obvious choice; he's always
>>been a Roger Daltry wannabee.
>
>This is a prime example of the bias that develops within hardcore fans of
>music groups-- pretty soon everybody is imitating your favorite band.
>
>Robert Plant was NEVER a Roger Daltry wannabee.
>
>Later,

Scott:

I must disagree...it's fairly obvious (by Zep II) that LZ were a Who wannabe
band. On boots you can tell from the start. Hardcore or not, Zep was
certainly borrowing heavily from The Who's groundwork.
However, Daltrey's voice is much better than Plant's, and has been since
about `74 or so. Careerwise, it may be that Daltrey is a Plant wannabe...if
he could just learn to pick his songs with more thought.

         Cheers                    ML