Re: Drummers

-----------------------  Begin Original Message  ----------------------
Hey, you know Frank Zappa plays a mean drum.  He did all of the drum
overdubs for the Ryco Mothers releases, and he hits a pretty mean skin.

Steve,

        Are you talking about the initial release of "We're Only In It
For the Money"?  Zappa didn't "play" the drums on that.... the story is,
the original bass & drum tracks on the original mastertapes were
deteriorating;  the actual oxide particles were falling off the tapes!
He had to get the bass and drums re-recorded.  I THINK it was Chad
Wackerman who Frank had at the sessions.  (Maybe Scott Thunes on bass...)
I _DO_ know that Zappa started out playing the drums......

        gary m.