Re: replacing Moon

-----------------------  Begin Original Message  ----------------------
>>>   .... I think Barrimore Barlow of Jethro Tull would've been the closest
The Who could've come to replacing Moon. His stick-work with Tull ws always
original and quite impressive (and he was especially good at the odd time
signatures).

Heath

------------------------  End Original Message  -----------------------
Heath --

        Never thought of him!!  He is excellent, though!!  I don't know
if he would have been the "closest" replacement for Moonie, but now that
you mention it, he would have been a much more appropriate choice.  His
drumming is very deliberate, and very definite.  Actually, I think he is
a tighter drummer in terms of tempo than Moon was -- Moon had that
"sloppy" style, full of character.  I think that Barlow actually fits
right in between Moon and Simon Phillips in terms of style.  His fills
are really interesting, but not "sterile", as someone posted earlier
about Phillips playing.  Well, time to go.

        gary m.