Re: The Who Unhealthy?

On Tue, 5 Dec 1995, Gary Sumpter wrote:
> Someone mentioned something about The 'Oo being unhealthy because they all
> smoke.  To the best of my knowledge, only JE still smokes.  I remember
> reading something about PT quitting a few years back, and I believe RD quit
> sometime after the Tommy film.

I remember hearing Rod Stewart claim in an interview that he can't smoke
or his voice just can't keep up, and, I suspect, the same is true for
Roger--smoking just can't be good for an aging singer.

Now, J.E., I don't know anything about his smoking habits, but I've
always wondered how much is left in those two bottles on his mike stand
after a show is over.  Come to think of it I've forgotten what they
contain.  One is whiskey, the other....

--Lev.