Re: 'Screaming' Lord Sutch

At 07:21 02/12/95 -0800, Jay Larson wrote:

>Kind of on a related note; does anybody have the album with Keith Moon
>and Lord Someboby or other.  If I remember Lord ? was a rich guy who
>liked to think he was a musician and would finance albums.  Sorry if I
>am way off base, but it been about twenty years or so.

It was 'Lord Sutch and Heavy Friends' by Screaming Lord Sutch - the album
featured Keith, Jimmy Page and Nicky Hopkins (among others), but is not
actually very good. The 'Lord' bit was a scam - David Sutch was not
aristocratic (or even rich), he was just a showman who based his act heavily
on Screamin' Jay Hawkins and was a very good self-publicist. Actually, he
still is - even today he frequently stands for Parliament in British
elections, representing the 'Monster Raving Loony Party' (or similar) -
usually gets about three votes. I walked past him on the street here in
Bradford a couple of months ago.

English Mike