Re: God Bless Ye, Kenney Jones!

   I suppose I should make this clear: I don't blame the Who's deterioration
in the 80's on Kenny Jones.  Indeed, I agree with you entirely- it falls much
more on Pete's shoulders.  In the '82 Toronto video, it's not so much Kenny's
(in my opinion, I suppose) lousy playing that makes me cringe, as Pete's very
evident indifference, or even disgust, with the whole affair.  The moment
when Pete rolls his eyes at the audience for singing along with the chorus of
"Baba O' Riley" is just sickening.  But facts are facts- I don't think the Who
could have picked a worse replacement for Keith.  And I honestly don't think
Kenny Jones is a very good drummer to begin with.  So I would modify your
statement as follows: Roger and John are kicking ass, Pete looks likes he
wishes he were already critiquing books for Faber & Faber, and Kenny is doing
his usual weak-ass thing.

                                                          M.M.