Re: Reverse Two Bucks

On Fri, 1 Dec 1995, Jay Larson wrote:
> How about the opposite,  albums that you bought on a whim and really
> love?

I've generally found that you get what you pay for, but my favorite
two-buck CD's are:

J.J. Cale, Chronicles.  It's a nice little CD of country-rock from the
author of After Midnight, Cocaine, and other Eric Clapton classics.

Adam Sandler, They're all gonna laugh at you.  I don't recommend this
disc.  I don't even like it.  But it's got the Lunchlady song and the
Turkey song, which are great.

Rock on with Cliff Richard.  Sort of interesting to listen to what many
of my favorite bands replaced.  Very lightweight...

And one more which I'll ask as a trivia question.  If you can recognize
this CD, you really spend too much time with music:

A CD released by a major label in 1989 which features the following:
Eric Burdon, Ben E. King, Wilson Pickett, Steve Cropper, 'Duck' Dunn,
Carole King, Brian Wilson, Joe Walsh, Mick Fleetwood, Dr. Eugene Landy,
Buddy Guy, George Clinton, David Sanborn, and countless others.  It is
not a compilation CD.

Name it.

Now, what the heck does this have to do with the Who?

Aah, the best CD I ever got for $2 was the TKAA soundtrack, scratched to
look very ugly but sound just fine.

---I won't get fooled again.--L-e-v-