Record company greed on new Pete releases?

Fellow WHOsters-

   I need some opinions on the "new" Pete releases.  On
11/21, they released newly remastered copies of ATBCH Chinese
Eyes and Empty Glass.  No new songs, same length, etc.  This
appears to be a way to make some quick cash before releasing
SmoothTalking... a.k.a. Pete's Greatest Hits - which was promised
early in 1995 but never delivered.

   In the same vein, the Who's Next Gold Disc was released weeks
before the expanded Who's Next as a way to generate some quick cash
before releasing the 70-80 min. disc that we were really waiting
for.

  I may be totally wrong (Zappa reference) but why should anybody
buy into this crap.  Why can't they just give the people what they
want (Kinks reference).

"..always runnin' at someone's bleedin' 'eels.." Quad