Re: Word from England, re: Isle Of Wight (and more)

Mark, re:

>Is there really indication that MCA (whom I would like to blame on this one,
>too...except you will tell me that it's not them) will release live material
after they finish with the remixes? That might not be so bad...I wouldn't
mind having a concert from each tour.

I spoke to the people about this at the Who Convention. Other than "best" of
CDs and given that all the studio stuff will be "used up" (hopefully), what
else do they have left to release in the future? I strongly suggested in
recent letters that they recall ALL the Who tapes from the various record
company warehouses all over the world, so that a) they have control over all
the Who releases and b) to ensure that in several years the record companies
don't start releasing albums like "Hooligans" on their own with inferior,
back up tapes... What's the point of all this "remastering" if in 5 years,
the record companies screw everything up again?

wf