Word from England, re: Isle Of Wight (and more)

Contracts haven't been signed and only two tracks have been mixed for release
on an "Isle Of Wight" (various artists) CD...

So...

In other Who news, "Tommy" and "Quadrophenia" have been completed and are
awaiting "approval" from Pete and others before being released. "Who By
Numbers" is currently being worked on, but with NO bonus tracks slated,
unless WE (yes you too) can come up with some suggestions. I suggested some
of the "live" "Who By Numbers" tracks from the '75 tour, but the problem is a
potential conflict with the 2CD "live" that's planned. I'll be faxing England
in the next few days, so if you can come up with some good ideas based on
your own "collection" of tapes from that period, PLEASE do so, and I'll be
sure to incorporate your ideas in my letter. (If many of you DO speak up,
I'll be happy to address the letter from "The Who Fans Of The Internet" and
post it here for editing BEFORE it goes out via fax to Pete Townshend, Jon
Astley and Chris Charlesworth.)

What I'll be pushing for (and please speak up if you disagree), is a separate
CD called, "Tommy: Live At Leeds". With all the good live material that can
be on a CD, do we REALLY want most of it to be "Tommy" and the remainder a
"mixed bag"??? I'd rather have both, than lose the opportunity of many great
live songs being never released...

Rather than "accept" whatever they hand us, WE can have the ability to shape
and mold these things. From what I gathered on my phone conversation, some
people in the "loop" would welcome this as a relief. Many decisions are being
made in a vacuum. When Pete Townshend was asked "which version of "Eyesight
To The Blind" to use for "Tommy"?" He didn't know what they were talking
about. If you think about it, how many times do you think he listened to the
studio ablum(s), versus US, the fans??? Apparently, there are so many master
tapes floating around that they sometimes don't even know which was used for
which, or not even used at all (ie "Too Much Of Anything"). As for "Pure And
Easy". NO vocals were cut from "Lifehouse To Leeds". They had another version
that was with the bootleggers tapes, and that's the one they used!

So, please put on your thinking caps. WE CAN make a difference as a direct
quote from a key person on the "inside". Let's do so, OK?

WF <~