rock&roll circus etc

In answer to Amy West's question re the R&R Circus - the video and CD
release have been put back again (surprise, surprise) by ABKCO/Polygram to
January 96, in order to avoid a clash with the upcoming Stones live album
and Beatles Anthology. However I've seen it and it's worth waiting for (in
fact I was there, but that's another story).

Also put back to January is the Who at Isle Of Wight video, although the
audio CD is scheduled for October 23rd by Castle, the same day as the Isle
of Wight Festival CD (all artists). The 2-hour version shown by the BBC on
Saturday included Young Man Blues (strangely the opening number of the
prog) and Naked Eye, plus a snippet of Keith and Murray Roman joking
around.

Hot news from London is that Roger, John & band will be playing the Who
convention on Sept 16 (but Pete won't) and the show is now sold out (700
capacity). The Daily Mail ran a story yesterday about the (groan) Who
Greatest Hits tour, mainly about Simon Townshend stepping into Pete's shoes
(but presumably not his boiler suit). We shall see...

Cheers, David Stark
david@songlink.demon.co.uk